Thursday 13 May 2010

“Here and There”

HARROW is a north-western suburb of London. I was born there - in North Harrow, to be exact, on the edge of Pinner. I spent the first ten years of my life there - in the same street that, I discover, much later on Androula Georgiou lived in (some of you know her: she worships at the Monastery). So, for reasons of sentiment, I have long kept an eye on the Greek Church in Harrow, St. Panteleimon’s, and now watch with interest as they currently built a fine, Byzantine-style, church. I hope to visit it when completed. Preparing for the new building, it seems they have been having a clear-out, and via Androula, I have received a gift of a small pile of nice saucers for St. Helen’s. So if you see me slurping coffee out of a nice white saucer with a red border, you will know I am just returning to my childhood!

This is a text by Fr. Alexander Haig, published recently in his Parish Newsletter. He is the Parish Priest at St. Helen’s Church in Colchester. We thank him for his nice words.

No comments: