Thursday 9 June 2011

Fundraising Cycle Tour

Steve Keyes is trying for the impossible! He is going to ride on his bike in financial support of our new Church. In his own words:

"On the 10th July 2011, I begin an ambition of mine to cycle from Lands End to John O’Groats. I will cycle through many cities, villages and counties of the UK ending my tour on July 23rd in John O’Groats in Northern Scotland. This will be an average of 71 miles a day.


On July 18th 2009 I married my wife Stavroulla at St. Panteleimon Greek Orthodox church and three days later work had begun to build a new church. This was after 12 years of planning and most importantly fund raising from the Greek Cypriot community which continues to this day.

The church had its official opening on the 9th April amongst much celebration as this was the first Greek Orthodox church to be built in Great Britain for over a century.



However, funds still need to be raised to completely finish the most special and sacred church. Therefore to spur me on during my cycle tour as my tired legs climb the hills of Cornwall, Dartmoor, Lake District and Scotland I ask you to please give generously to the Church of St. Panteleimon. Any amount will be gratefully received".

And as they say: “Impossible is nothing”.

No comments: